Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Where's WORK!

Mornin' readers.

Hope everyone survived Monday.

Well, my assumption (or hope) that the job market was loosening is appearing to be unfounded.
I had a couple of interviews last week with really cool companies in two different fields. I thought both interviews went well. I presented my talents, showed my portfolio, and engaged in conversation with my interviewers on a wide range of subjects. I left, confident of positive responses.

Unfortunately, one has decide to take another path and hired someone else. I haven't heard from the other.

I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude but this job search is like being an actor who is constantly rejected for the part he knows he is perfect for. I AM a talented designer. I AM articulate, well-read, computer savvy, and adaptable. I bring so many things to a job beyond just what I do.

But, I'm not giving up!

I'm certain that a smart manager or HR person will see beyond my resume. They will realize that I can help them in ways far beyond what they read on that page.

And that person will find me.

So, I'll just keep plugging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment