Thursday, April 9, 2009

Rides


Hi, readers.

Been away for a few days trying to figure out what this blog is. I've tried to make it funny and informative and not get too preachy.

I hope I've done OK but I know my opinions don't count.

But it is my blog, so phttt!

Now that the weather is getting nicer, I going out on the road and try to remind my readers of why this blog is called My Roads.

I was heading down Shore Drive and stopped at Lake Whitehurst boat ramp near Little Creek Amphibious Base. It's located at the end of Norfolk International's main runway so it's a great place to stop and watch planes land and takeoff. The lake also has fishing piers and the afore-mentioned boat ramp for those wishing to explore or go out to fish.. The lake is fairly large and goes all the way back to Botanical Gardens so it's a great trip. There are picnic tables and a grassy area to relax and soak up some sun. It's a great spot for a lunch break or just to get away from work.

Take time to go and visit. It's well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment