Monday, April 13, 2009

What Are Ya Missing?


Hey, there.

I had a recent revelation about our area.

My wife took a friend to the Chrysler Museum the other day and though the friend had lived and grown up in this area, she had never been to the Chrysler. I was amazed. Here we have a world- class museum in our neighborhood, and a local had never been.

It made me wonder how many other great sites here in Hampton Roads are ignored or missed by the residents.

We have a fantastic zoo (growing and expanding constantly), a botanical gardens with plants and flowers to rival any other city. We have a top notch minor league baseball team, a growing soccer league with a fantastic facility in Va Beach. A multitude of concert halls, open air venues, and stages throughout the area that have music, dance, and great performances.

So, I'm going to try and do my best to introduce you to your home town. I'm going to visit these gems and see if I can help you realize how lucky you are to live here.

Help me out. If you find a spot that you like, let me know.
Take a friend.
Go yourself.

Find your city!


Photo courtesy:
www.hamptonroadsvisitor.com/chrysler-museum-1

No comments:

Post a Comment