Wednesday, February 18, 2009

To Your Health


Mornin'.

I have a confession:
My name is Dave and I'm a coffee addict.

It happened slowly enough.
A casual sip of a friends; a cup on a road trip.
I didn't think it was a problem. It's not like I was stopping at 7-11 everyday.

Then we went to Florida. (cue dramatic music!!!)

We were house sitting for a friend. Really nice place with a pool out back and a palm tree garden. Paradise.
I didn't know they were coffee pushers!

The people that owned the house had an automatic coffee maker. You know, one with a built in timer.
It was so easy.

Fill with water, measure the coffee, and in the morning that tantalizing aroma filled the house.

IT WAS A TRAP!

Easy. Get up, pour a cup and wander the garden.

Everyday.

So easy.

How bad could it be?

We were there seven days. Seven Days!
That's all it took.

First purchase when we got home was a timer for my coffee pot.
Make coffee every morning.
12 cup pot makes 3 cups for me!

HaHaHaHa( hysterical laughter.) (work with me here,ok?)

Then that little shop of horrors from Seattle came to town. You know the one. Where drinking coffee is a social activity.
I was doomed.

So, I've come to confess my addiction. I'm not proud of it but I thought I should tell.


Kind of helps to explain some of my rambling posts, doesn't it?



Photo courtesy:
www.clipartguide.com/_named_clipart_images/05.

No comments:

Post a Comment