Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's Electric!

Hey, everybody
It's hump day!

Now, we've all heard of service companies sending outrageous bills to customers. You know, the super high phone bill and such. But I think this one is wild.




According to 9news.com: an Aurora,CO restaurant owner received a bill from her power company for $1.28 million dollars. She didn't pay a lot of attention to the bill, incorrectly reading the amount as $1280. And since she had automatic bill pay with her bank, she assumed the bill(the $1280) would be paid.
When she checked later to see if her rent check had cleared, she was informed by her bank that she was $1 million dollars in the hole. It seem that the bank had paid the electric bill of $1.28 million dollars.

Now when this was brought to the attention of the proper officials, the power company corrected it's mistake, fixed the bill, and paid all incidental fees incurred by the restaurant owner.

Here's what I find fascinating.

The bank covered the overdraft!

I mean, I have a fairly good relationship with my bank. And I have some overdraft protection.
But I think they might draw the line at covering a million dollar check.


I'm pretty sure that sucker would have bounced like a super ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment