Sunday, July 26, 2009

Goodbye, Dear Friend


Amalfi's restaurant has closed!

I am heartbroken.

For those of you who frequented Amalfi's, you know what a great place it was. Outstanding food, great atmosphere, and truly, a place where you could be comfortable.

The owners, Angelo and Marcia, were not just the owners but real and true friends. They welcomed you into their restaurant as though you were at their home and they treated you like family. Angelo passed away a while back but Marcia kept things going for as long as she could. These people were very dear to my family and their presence will be missed.

And Jason...what can I say about Jason? He was the best waiter I have ever seen. He went WAY beyond just a waiter, he was another part of our family. Never sad, always a joy to see and talk to, he was a great part of what made Amalfi's my favorite place to go. I don't know where he has gone, but I will look for him. I can't imagine not seeing him again.

For those of you who missed the opportunity to visit this special place, my heart weeps. You missed one of life's great experiences. Not just for the food, (OMG-the FOOD!), but for the warmth and feeling given to all who stopped in and joined the family.

I will always and warmly remember Amalfi's.

I'll just always be a little sad when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment